With the right central heating boiler care, you will get many years of great heating from today’s modern high-efficiency models. So here we bring you 9 Tips on What to Watch Out for.
Introduction: What You’ll get from Annual Boiler Servicing
Before we start let us just say that, once you’ve had a new boiler installed, it is essential to ensure that it is serviced annually. Most Gas Safe Certified plumbing businesses will provide a wide range of boiler servicing and repair services, from annual servicing and resolving low pressure to breakdown repairs and fixing leaks. Arranging for a service on your boiler to be done each year will give you peace of mind that your boiler is running safely and efficiently. Peace of mind – that’s what you will get!
Boilers and Heating Tips
1. The top 8 most popular gas boiler spares are in big demand in winter with well over 20 million gas boilers installed across the UK, you can be sure that phenomenal quantities of the most popular boiler spares are flying off the shelves daily! Installer access to spare parts is key to ensuring homeowners can count on a reliable, energy-efficient heating system throughout the winter months. As the peak heating season draws to a close, gas boiler spares may run short. Don’t be too critical, or disbelieving, if you have to wait a few days for your plumber to receive the needed parts after prolonged cold weather.
2. If your boiler is still heating water but not switching on the central heating, check your thermostat. Always do remember that boilers will not heat a room that is set too lower than the temperature currently in the room. Try setting the thermostat to (say) 21 degrees. After increasing the temperature and returning to your boiler to see if it is firing up. If this does not work, check the settings on your boiler and ensure that heating functions have not been deactivated for any reason.
3. When your boiler or furnace is not working properly, don’t despair because trained HVAC contractors will troubleshoot your furnace or boiler, repair the damage right away, and have your heating system working like new in no time. They repair and upgrade all types of boilers and furnaces on residential and commercial properties in their local areas.
4. A combination boiler is a single unit which is used for both heating your water and operating as a central heating boiler. These types of boilers heat your water using the mains and don’t need a hot water cylinder. Combination boilers are often less expensive to run as well, as they heat water instantly. That means no hot water is ever sitting in a hot water tank losing heat when you are out or not in need of any hot water.
5. A boiler is a type of central heating system. Heat is generated as the boiler does its job—boiling water in a tank, which is then dispersed throughout a building. Boilers heat and then pump water or steam through pipes in a home, and as the steam or hot water passes through the baseboards, radiators or radiant floors in the rooms of a house, the heat is released, raising the temperature in the various rooms.
6. All work on boilers and gas systems in the UK must only be done by Gas Safe trained engineers, but many offer fixed competitive prices from only £65! Professional boiler repair service can be obtained from technicians with over 30 years of experience. Those professionals have a vast knowledge of all gas boilers and their parts. Only engage plumbing engineers who are fully qualified and are ready to answer any heating questions you may have.
7. If you have an older boiler you may find you need to replace a gas valve, a thermocouple or a pilot assembly, but this does not mean necessarily that you should buy a complete new boiler.
8. The best in modern heating control systems allows easy set up of zone control, avoiding heating empty rooms and catering to personal preference. Quiet, energy-efficient, with minimal maintenance requirements, compact yet powerful modern boilers are exceptionally reliable. Using both together provides a closed system, they which won’t introduce air contaminants or suffer the energy waste associated with older systems.
9. The average homeowner rarely gives the boiler a second thought—until there’s a problem. Fortunately, as the engine that drives a steam or hot-water heating system, boilers generally deliver safe, reliable performance. But they’re not problem-free. On the contrary, boilers are prone to a range of issues. The most serious boiler failure also happens to be the most common, according to the national board of boiler and pressure vessel inspectors.
Scottish winters are brutal on boilers. At boiler repair South Glasgow, all our technicians are fully aware of just how crucial it is to maintain and service every part of your central heating system. It’s how we prevent breakdowns from happening. When your boiler can’t cope, you’re without heat, and if you’re running a combi, you’ll lose your hot water, too. Our engineers carry out full servicing of all gas boiler brands to guarantee yours will continue to operate reliably, efficiently, and safely.